Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

SMS relay from Iphone to iPhone

HEllo,

is there a way to enable iOS 8's SMS relay from a 6+ to a 5s?

When I enable the relay on my 6+, usually a code should appear on my 5s but it doesn't appear...

It works fine on my iPad, I set the same configuration refered to icloud/Apple ID etc.

please help me.

thank you.

best regards, Tobi

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.1.2

Posted on Jan 6, 2015 12:30 PM

4 replies

Jan 6, 2015 12:57 PM in response to KiltedTim

Sorry my English isn't very well, do you mean that it should work?

i use the 6+ with a normal sim, and the 5s with a DataSIM. It a second one without an own mobile number, the dataSim belongs to the normal sim of my 6+.

i'very activated iMessage on my 6+, my phone number and Apple ID is marked with a hook. Now I put the original sim in my 5s (because I cannot activate iMessage with the DATASim because it can't send Sms and the activation stays at "wait for activation...") and activate iMessage again. Phone number and Apple ID is marked with a hook too.

now I put the original sim into my 6+ and the dataSIM into my 5s and suddenly the phone number which was marked is now grey and without a hook on the 5s.

Apr 28, 2015 11:21 AM in response to KiltedTim

well I'm here to tell you that in fact in does work between two iPhones. I have an iPhone 6 and a 5. The 6 is activated while the 5 is not and i enabled text message forwarding and it did work. For a couple of days that is then, for some reason it just stopped working and now all my iPhone 5 does is receives calls and texts but i can't send texts or call from it

SMS relay from Iphone to iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.