Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I buy an app using an international credit card

I Have a US iTunes account but am currently not living in US. Is there any way to purchase apps or gift iTunes credit using an international Credit Card for US iTunes Store? As the US store is not accepting billing address outside US for the Credit Card.

iPad, iOS 8.1.2

Posted on Jan 6, 2015 1:49 PM

4 replies

Jan 6, 2015 1:53 PM in response to danishq

If you are not currently in the US then you cannot use the US store - you have to be in a country to use its store, that is included in the store's terms.

If the country that you are currently in has an iTunes store then you can use that with your credit card (assuming that it was issued by a bank in that country). If there isn't an iTunes store in your country then you will be able to use the US store when you are back in the US (but not with a non-US credit card).

Jan 6, 2015 1:56 PM in response to danishq

No. you can only use a credit card from the country or region the account is set to.

To use a credit card from a different country you would need to change the Country/Region for the account.

Note that changing this, will also change the Store you have access to. So if you change the Country to say Australia, you will no longer be able to purchase form the U.S. store, but instead you'll be able to purchase from the Australian store. This also means that items purchased form one sotre but that are not available in the other store would not be able to be downloaded. Previously downloaded content should be unaffected though.

Change the country of your iTunes Store, App Store, iBooks Store, and Mac App Store account - Apple Support

How can I buy an app using an international credit card

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.