Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook Pro 15" i7 Early 2011 Battery SLOW charging please Help

I Have recently purchased a used Macbook Pro 15" i7 Quad Core 2.0Ghz 16GB RAM

The Macbook Works perfectly and has no problems. However, the only problem i have is the charging, it takes 9Hours to charge the battery from 44%.

I at first thought the battery was defective, but then i unplugged the charger and the battery is working great and there is no rapid loss of battery level.

The only problem is charging the laptop, i have researched on this laptop and found out straight out the box it comes with the L style charger connection.

The seller has given me the T style connecter.

I also download this application called Battery Health. I am using an 85W charger, but it shows me that i am charging the laptop with only 5.5Watts.

Can this be the reason that it is taking so much time?

My brother has a Macbook Air and it shows he is being supplied with 35Watts when he connects it to the MagSafe charger. My Macbook Pro shows 5.5Watts.

At the moment it is 85% charge and it is showing 3:24 Minutes to full charge, which is outrageous. The charger i have tried cleaning and it looks like its working fine, the orange light is lit up, but its only supplying 5.5Watts to the macbook.

Here is the Battery Info

Battery Health = 100%

Battery Current Max = 6870mAh

OS x Health Status = Good

Cycles = 3

Age = 3.7 Years

Charging With = 5.5Watts

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.1)

Posted on Jan 6, 2015 3:59 PM

1 reply

Macbook Pro 15" i7 Early 2011 Battery SLOW charging please Help

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.