Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

list server not finding group recipients (Server 4.0.3)

We cannot send emails to group members:

1. Group members themselves can receive email OK individually from the internet thank goodness. But ...in OS X Server
  2. The Groups' "Mailing Lists" boxes are now empty. Even "Workgroup" lists all the users but no "Mailing List" now.
  3. Newly re-adding a mailing list name to an existing (listless) Group does notget email to the Group's members, though. The List Server log says :no recipients for <mail list name>" when it receives a group email even though it's received if for the newly added mailing list name. And next:

... list_server_agent[6025] <Error>: no recipients for message-id=1420584145.....

4. Creating a new group fills the "Mailing Lists" box with an assortment of crazy mailing list names ...

This is probably going to be yet another crazy error in the way that the List Server uses LDAP / OD I expect ... or LDAP getting corrupted possibly after upgrading to Server 4.0.3 when we first noticed this. Oh dear ... this is all we need right now ... just as we were beginning to restore our faith in the gradually improving OS X Server.

We don't have a very recent OD Archive (wouldn't be too much trouble to update from it, though) and if I had any faith that restoring from it would solve the problem I would do so.

Any advice gratefully considered!

Mac mini (Early 2009), OS X Yosemite (10.10), OS X Server 4

Posted on Jan 6, 2015 3:20 PM

1 reply

May 2, 2015 8:03 PM in response to Trismegister

It's just seemingly broken.

(pardon the double-post)

I have a fresh install of OS X Server 4.1 with the former directory users imported. Facing the same issue as everyone else.

I noticed in /Library/Server/Mail/Config/MailServicesOther.plist, you can enable debug logging for the list server:

<key>list_server</key>

<dict>

<key>dest_domain</key>

<string>example.com</string>

<key>list_server_log_level</key>

<string>debug</string>

Bizarrely, when I now send a message, the list server even lists the members, and then says no members found:

May 3 13:01:06 server.example.com list_server_agent[12758] <Debug>: initalized recipient cache: marketing

May 3 13:01:06 server.example.com list_server_agent[12758] <Debug>: expanding group: marketing

May 3 13:01:06 server.example.com list_server_agent[12758] <Debug>: fetching nested groups within: marketing

May 3 13:01:06 server.example.com list_server_agent[12758] <Debug>: carlee is member of mail SACL

May 3 13:01:06 server.example.com list_server_agent[12758] <Debug>: sophie is member of mail SACL

May 3 13:01:06 server.example.com list_server_agent[12758] <Debug>: jaimee is member of mail SACL

May 3 13:01:06 server.example.com list_server_agent[12758] <Error>: no recipients for: marketing

This makes no sense at all. I have no SACL's set for Mail, or any other service in case anyone's curious.

list server not finding group recipients (Server 4.0.3)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.