Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i downloaded quick time becausei tried watching a movie i purchased on itunes and and have watched it before on my laptop but paused and continued. i tried opening it today and it said i needed to download quicktime and i did. it still says i need to

I downloaded quick time because i tried watching a movie i purchased on itunes and and have watched it before on my laptop but paused and continued. i tried opening it today and it said i needed to download quicktime and i did. it still says i need to download it, what do I do

null-OTHER, toshiba

Posted on Jan 6, 2015 4:45 PM

1 reply

Jan 8, 2015 6:48 AM in response to morgangang

Hi morgangang,

Although that message is not listed in the following article, I would still go through it for help. Things like installing in safe mode may help.

QuickTime: Windows troubleshooting tips

Troubleshooting Tips

• Make sure your computer meets the system requirements.
  • Try running ScanDisk to verify that the directory is OK. This is an important step to take before installing any software.
  • Try running the stand-alone version of the QuickTime installer in "Safe Mode." It is available here. This can help to isolate issues with background applications, and some driver conflicts.
  • Make certain you have installed the most recent drivers for your sound and video cards. Even if you have a "brand new" computer, it is not guaranteed to have the most recent software installed. Contact the manufacturer of your sound and video cards for additional information.
  • Make certain you have installed a recent version of DirectX.

Errors are usually related to software conflicts, unusable files, or incompatibilities. They can also be related to specific hardware combinations, and sometimes the way in which the hardware is configured. Keep in mind that an error message does not necessarily point to a particular cause or solution. Since there can be many different causes for a particular symptom, some suggestions may not work, and you may need to discover a solution on your own.

Note: Please contact Microsoft Corporation or your computer vendor for help configuring Microsoft Windows.

Thank you for visiting Apple Support Communities.

Nubz

i downloaded quick time becausei tried watching a movie i purchased on itunes and and have watched it before on my laptop but paused and continued. i tried opening it today and it said i needed to download quicktime and i did. it still says i need to

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.