Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Help! updated to Server 4 with Yosemite now pc based computers will no longer connect to our network

Hello,

I have become the defacto tech guy at the catholic school I work at. Within the last week per Apple's advice I updated our 2012 Mac Mini server to Yosemite form Lion and Updated the Server from 2.Something to 4. Now, all of the apple products in the school work fine, but the pc products that the office staff use will not even locate the network. I even brought in a Windows 8 machine in from my house and it would not connect. I set up my 2009 MacBook right next to it and it works fine.

I am not sure what to do. I have called Apple and Microsoft, however I do not have the budget to pay the multiple hundreds of dollars to talk to the engineers. I have been beating myself up for "doing this" but it is what Apple recommended to me.

I need to get this right, does anyone have any ideas. Apple says there are no know issues with connectivity with Microsoft product. I have to believe that there is something conflicting. A week ago, everything worked, and right after the upgrade this happened. It cannot be a coincidence.

Restarted server, router, switches, all of the pc machines. There are no internet outages on the lines. Just need help

Thank you for any help you can give

Anthony Frasca

Social Studies Teacher

Mac mini, Mac OS X (10.1.x)

Posted on Jan 6, 2015 9:46 PM

1 reply

Help! updated to Server 4 with Yosemite now pc based computers will no longer connect to our network

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.