Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why is my mouse (double-)clicking on its own?!

My mouse is randomly clicking by itself, often after I have made a click prior to it (acting like an unintentional double-click), but sometimes completely out of the blue.

This started to occur right after I upgraded my laptop to Yosemite. I use an external mouse, so my first thought was "hardware problem". So I bought a new mouse, but the problem still existed. After that I have tried a handful of different mice (even the built-in trackpad) so there is definitely a problem with the software.

I have searched through numerous forums and sites for a solution, but haven't found one.

Anyone who have experienced this, know the solution or what to do?

Thanks in advance!

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.1)

Posted on Jan 6, 2015 10:04 PM

4 replies

Jan 6, 2015 10:33 PM in response to Canariful

A number of phenomena can cause this to occur, including a failed battery that expands, exerting pressure on the trackpad from beneath it. Check your battery's condition.

Also, if it occurs only when you are using an aftermarket power adapter, it should be replaced with a genuine Apple power adapter:

Portables and Magic Trackpad: Jumpy or erratic trackpad operation

Why is my mouse (double-)clicking on its own?!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.