Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Applecare plus for Spanish iPhone in UK?

I received an iPhone 6 plus from Movistar Spain for Christmas but am based in the UK and want to know if I can buy Applecare+ in the UK to cover it and if so what will the accidental damage coverage be in UK, Spain, Europe and the rest of the world? I work around the world and want know what level of coverage I should expect with this product as your site seems to indicate that it will be covered but the excess will be chargeable in the equivalent local currency.

Can you also confirm how long after purchase date Applecare plus can be purchased, as I have read 30 and 60 day periods? I understand the phone can be accessed remotely but want to confirm the exact requirement before buying as I have to go to Asia for a month or two and may not be in the UK to attend an Apple store within the require period.

Thanks in advance

Archoo

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.1.2

Posted on Jan 7, 2015 12:56 AM

13 replies

Jan 7, 2015 2:20 AM in response to ARChoo2

The warranty and AppleCare, are valid in any EU member nation. You should be able to get it serviced in any EU nation, but you will not be able to get it serviced in Asia, the Middle East, US, Canada, Australia, etc.

I believe you have 30 days from the date of original purchase to add AppleCare+, and the phone must be physically inspected by Apple before they will allow it.

Remember, that 30 days starts on the date of original sale. If you got it as a gift, it may have been purchased earlier than you think.

Jan 7, 2015 8:16 AM in response to KiltedTim

Thank you again for your prompt response but Applecare+ does not seem to be available in Spain and I will not be back in the UK in time. Could I not buy online from Apple UK and get the phone inspected at an Apple store in Spain before flying to Asia. I have UK Credit card and address or I could get my sister to pop into an Apple store today and send me any required serial numbers to activate it before going to Spanish Apple store for inspection.

Regards

ARChoo

Jan 7, 2015 12:28 PM in response to ARChoo2

One stop for expert technical support

Because Apple designs the iPhone, iOS and many applications, the iPhone is a truly integrated system. And only AppleCare+ provides one-stop service and support from Apple experts, so most issues can be resolved in a single call.

• Direct access to Apple experts
  • Express Replacement Service
  • Local Apple hardware service when travelling within Europe

Nov 22, 2015 2:31 PM in response to ARChoo2

Hi there. I am in a similar situation and am wondering if you found a solution.

I recently purchased an iPhone 6s through the apple online store here in Spain. i decided not to buy the applecare as i would prefer to purchase the applecare+ when in the UK.
i will be in the Uk within 60 days of purchasing the iphone, where i would be able to go to an apple store and get the phone certified etc.

Failing this i will be able to visit an Apple store in madrid next week which would be within the 30days of purchasing the phone to get it certified, although i really would prefer getting the applecare+ if at all possible.

I spend quite a bit of time in Spain and also would like to confirm that the applecare+ plan is sevicable in Spain.

Thanks , puzzydee

Nov 23, 2015 9:48 AM in response to puzzydee

http://www.apple.com/legal/sales-support/applecare/applecareplus/

It would appear that Applecare + is still not available in Spain at this time

You should be able to purchase Applecare + in a UK apple store for an eligible device which originated from an EU country and complete the certification in store

The Applecare + is available in several EU countries although it is not clear from the above whether you can claim service in a Spanish store although you can it appears obtain Applecare + service by using the express Service as described in the document

Nov 23, 2015 6:34 PM in response to wegras

Hi Wegras. Thanks for the quick response. 

Yes I read those links and believe I should be ok. The phone was purchased in the EU and I would be registering it in the UK within the required time/required manner. 

I believe that I read that AppleCare+ is available to use in any country where it is supported, at least within the EU. I also believe the EU is considered "one country" in regards to warranty, like what kilted Tim said above. It does however leave some vagueness to the interpretation of what the policy actually covers within other EU countries that don't use AppleCare+

I understand it as stating that if I buy the policy in the UK I need to be resident in that country (I move around, but that's no problem) but I can use the policy in other EU countries supporting AppleCare+ (otherwise there would be no need for the price of the policy to vary depending what country you are in)

Whether I can use things like accidental damage cover if I'm in Spain are still a bit of a mystery to me, but like you say, I could always use the express service if needed.

***Significant Features, Conditions and Exclusions

AppleCare+ coverage is subject to certain terms, conditions and limitations. A summary of these is shown below. Please read your AppleCare+ Terms & Conditions for full details.

· AppleCare+ is only available to UK residents aged 18 or over (see clause 6.2.6).

· AppleCare+ is limited to two claims for accidental damage (see clause 4.5).

· A policy excess of £55 for iPhone 5, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus, 79 for iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus , £39 for iPad, £25 for iPod, £55 for Apple Watch, or £49 for Apple Watch Sport will be payable each time you make an accidental damage claim in the UK. If you make a claim in a different country, the policy excess varies (see clause 1.21).

Thanks.

Applecare plus for Spanish iPhone in UK?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.