Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to restore new ipad air from old ipad backup using itunes.

I'm trying to get all of the content from an old iPad onto new iPad air. I backed up the old iPad on iTunes, and when I plug in the new iPad air, it prompted that I must first update the software in order to back it up. I updated the software, but now I'm not sure how to get the old iPad backup onto the new iPad because it isn't seeing the new iPad as brand new anymore. How to I transfer the old stuff onto the new one after updating the software? I'm using iTunes for Windows.

iPad Air, iOS 8.1.2

Posted on Jan 7, 2015 7:33 AM

1 reply

Jan 8, 2015 9:05 AM in response to jh232808

Hey jh232808,

Thanks for the question. If I understand correctly, you want to restore a backup to a new iOS device. I would recommend that you read this article, it may be able to help the issue.

Back up and restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch using iCloud or iTunes - Apple Support

Restore using iTunes

Use these steps if you have a new iOS device, or you need to to restore after a factory reset:

1. Connect your device to the computer that has your backup.
  2. Install the latest version of iTunes.
  3. Choose File > Devices > Restore from Back up.User uploaded file

You won't be able to install a backup that uses a later version of iOS than the device you're trying to install it on. Find out why.

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Have a good one,

Mario

How to restore new ipad air from old ipad backup using itunes.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.