Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What do you do when your app store says"Cannot Connect To App Store"

Whenever i try to go onto the Mac App Store it says "Cannot Connect To The App Store" and I don't only have that problem on my mac i also have the same problem on both of my iPod touches, my iPad and my iPhone . I have posted a picture to show.

User uploaded file

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10.1)

Posted on Jan 7, 2015 8:55 AM

4 replies

May 23, 2015 12:19 PM in response to Bally000

I'm had this same issue even after following all the suggestions in the article Linc posted. That article was helpful, however, because I noticed that in my login keychain there is a certificate (com.apple.idms.appleid.prd....) that has a child key for my Apple ID that is tied to an old email address that used to be tied to my account. (I changed that a while back, but can't remember if I've successfully accessed the app store since then.) There is no matching key for my current login/email address, so I suspect this might have been the problem.

I scoured the web for info on what to do about this but couldn't find anything. This is what I I tried, but I know just enough about certifcates to be dangerous, so I'm not sure if this actually fixed the problem, or if it's a fluke. If anyone knows whether this was a good idea, a really bad one, or unrelated, I'd appreciate the feedback:

1. Exported the parent cert (including the apple id key) as a backup.

2. From context menu on appleid cert, chose "New Identity Preference..." and entered my new email address there.

I'm now able to access the App Store.

TIA,

LSharkey

What do you do when your app store says"Cannot Connect To App Store"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.