Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook Pro MD314LL/A (June 2011 Version)

My Macbook Pro has been working perfectly since I got it. A few weeks ago when I woke my Macbook from sleep mode I noticed that my battery had an "X" symbol and wasn't recognized. I have tried an SMC reset a few times and it didn't work. I let my Macbook untouched for a few days and the battery worked again. I always leave it plugged in so the battery is rarely used. Since I have had it for a few years now I have gone through 100-125 cycles I believe. My battery, last time it worked (a few days ago), still had a good 6 hours battery life and was working perfectly. What could be the problem and how can I fix this?

Thanks

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.1)

Posted on Jan 7, 2015 9:57 AM

3 replies

Jan 15, 2015 11:20 AM in response to TheLeonardos

Thanks for the update. Since the issue persists you could try using the Magsafe adapter troubleshooting article found here:

Apple Portables: Troubleshooting MagSafe adapters

But thats about the last thing to try, so if it persists I would use the resources in the article Norm provided earlier, and seek service for your computer:

Mac notebooks: All about batteries

Non-removable batteries

MacBook, MacBook Air, and MacBook Pro computers with built-in batteries should only have their batteries replaced by an Apple Authorized Service Provider or Apple Retail Store. Attempting to replace a built-in battery yourself could damage your equipment, and such damage is not covered by warranty.

Mac notebooks with built-in batteries:

• All MacBook Air computers
  • All MacBook Pro computers with Retina display
  • MacBook (13-inch, Late 2009 and later)
  • MacBook Pro (Early 2009 and later)

User-removable batteries

Most older Mac notebooks have removable batteries you can replace yourself. Contact an Apple Authorized Service Provider or Apple Retail Store for assistance servicing a removable battery.

Battery warranty information

Your one-year warranty includes replacement coverage for a defective battery. You can extend your replacement coverage for a defective battery to three years from the date of your notebook purchase with the AppleCare Protection Plan. However, the AppleCare Protection Plan for notebook computers does not cover batteries that have stopped working or are exhibiting diminished capacity due to normal use except when it is the result of a manufacturing defect.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Take care,

Sterling

Macbook Pro MD314LL/A (June 2011 Version)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.