Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Trouble Syncing Ipad

While syncing my ipad to itunes I get the error message "while syncing this ipad the connection to the ipad was lost". I know I am OK with my wifi and I use a USB to ipad cable to connect. I have looked in the manual and don't find anything helpful.

Thanks for any help anyone can give.

iPad 2, iOS 8.1.2

Posted on Jan 7, 2015 1:38 PM

1 reply

Jan 8, 2015 2:33 PM in response to Fanznanz

Hi Fanznanz,

Thank you for your question. If you are getting an error message while syncing your iPad with a USB cable, do you have a different USB cable you can try? Another suggestion would be to see if you can setup syncing to iTunes via Wi-Fi. Give this a try:

Sync your iPhone, iPad and iPod touch with iTunes using Wi-Fi - Apple Support
http://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203075

Sync your iPhone, iPad and iPod touch with iTunes using Wi-Fi

Learn how to sync your iOS device with iTunes on your computer.

You can use iTunes to sync information on your iPod, iPhone, or iPad with your computer—for example, if you buy movies or music using your iPhone, syncing adds this media to your computer.

When you sync, iTunes determines whether your iOS device or your computer contains the most recent information, and lets you choose the information you want to sync.

Set up syncing

1. Open iTunes. Make sure that you have the latest version.
  2. Connect your iOS device to your computer with the included USB cable.
  3. Locate your iOS device.
    If you're in the iTunes Store, click the Library button, then look for your device in the upper-right corner.
  4. In the Summary tab, select "Sync with this [device] over Wi-Fi."

User uploaded file

5. When the computer and the iOS device are on the same network, the iOS device will appear in iTunes. Then you can sync it. The iOS device will sync automatically when the following conditions are true:
    • The iOS device is charging.
    • iTunes is open on the computer.
    • The iOS device and the computer are on the same Wi-Fi network.
  6. When your device is connected with iTunes via Wi-Fi, you can select the device and then configure sync and other options.
  7. Click Apply or Sync to sync the iOS device.

If the iOS device doesn't appear in the Devices section or you can't sync, try troubleshooting iTunes Wi-Fi syncing.

You can also sync your iOS device using a USB cable. For more information, see Sync your iPhone, iPad and iPod with iTunes using USB.

Device not recognized

Learn what to do if your device is not recognized in iTunes for OS X.

I hope this information helps ....

- Judy

Trouble Syncing Ipad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.