Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mail: Name is Holidays in United Kingdom

Hi,

I am using the mail application on my Macbook Pro. I have a gmail account which I use through the mail application, and for some reason it is recognising my email address as "Holidays in United Kingdom", even for people who send me emails which looks horrifically unprofessional.

https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/gmail/v9cDh48PgmU

This is being discussed over on gmail forums also but I wondered if anyone could provide a solution, note I have tried all the solutions suggested on the linked page which have not resolved my issue.

Thanks in advance.

MacBook Pro with Retina display, iOS 8.1.2

Posted on Jan 7, 2015 2:00 PM

20 replies

Jul 31, 2017 4:09 AM in response to jkingy12345

The following solution worked for me... Go to your contacts and find your own contact—that’s the one marked “me.” Then hit “edit,” “add email,” and add your Gmail address. Add your name as contact and for reasons beyond my comprehension, Holidays in United Kingdom (or wherever) should now be replaced with your real name in the Mail app.

Jan 19, 2015 9:45 AM in response to SmathKernow

Me again! So... I have found two potential solutions:

1. Go to your MAC Calendar and de-select the 'holidays in united kingdom' boxes

2. Go to your GMAIL account, select your gmail calendar (found on the top right corner, click on the 9 little square boxes icon, select calendar. Look at the left navigation panel, and click settings in the drop down arrow on 'other calendars'. At the bottom of the list you will see 'Holidays in the United Kingdom' - to the right you will see that you can 'unsubscribe' from this calendar. Do that.

I have undertaken both these actions, so hopefully I have sorted the issue. Unless I write again, assume it's the solution! Hope it works for you.

Thanks

Jan 30, 2015 2:20 AM in response to SmathKernow

Hi,

I too am having the same problem. I have taken your advice but the problem is still there. I found that if I send my gmail account an e mail from my iCloud email address the sent e mail comes up from me. However if I send it t=via my hotmail account it appears from the holidays in the united kingdom. I have used my hotmail account details as a way of recovering my gmail account so they are linked. Is that why this is happening?

I have contemplated completely deleting my gmail account and just sticking to iCloud?

This is seriously getting on my nerves now.

Mar 19, 2015 4:42 AM in response to jkingy12345

I had this issue. I am using a Google calendar and use the email info@consulteast.co.uk as the account ID but do not use that email through Google. As a result the Google Internet account on my Mac does not have email included, it just has calendar. The first Google calendar in the list of calendars is called Holidays in United Kingdom. Unsubscribing did not seem to make a difference, although this may be because I did not restart, but changing the name to Google Apps fixed the issue. On the Macbook Air it did not need restart but on the Mac it did. I chose Google Apps as the emails in question were generated by scripts run after data submission via forms. This leaves the Google calendar with a mis leading name but that is better than the email appearing as it did. Al of this only occurs on my Mac email client, iPhone is fine, but if you forward the email it will retain the Holidays in United Kingdom. At first I thought this was a holiday business but its not, its just the name of the first listed Google calendar.

Mar 26, 2015 12:17 PM in response to John IT leader and coach

Hi John

I'm really struggling to get rid of this 'Holidays in United Kingdom' as well without any success. My Gmail address has been replaced with the name ‘Holidays in United Kingdom’ on incoming mail. If I click on down arrow in the address line displaying ‘Holidays in United Kingdon” I see my correct gmail address on the incoming mail. I'm using a MacBook Pro and an iPhone 5 running the latest version of software. Any chance of a step by step dummies guide please?

Mar 27, 2015 5:04 AM in response to Deeloe

Hi Deeloe

For me the issue Holidays in United Kingdom seemed to be coming from the Google calendar of that name in my calendars, see screen shot below.

If your calendar has this entry click on the tile and rename it, I used 'Google apps'. After closing mail and restarting the issue went away. I did also de select the calendar. This all occurred as we have a shared Google apps account but only use it for a calendar and not for mail but we have to have a mail address associated with the Google account, in our case info@consulteast.co.uk. This means that there was no google mail account on the Macs and for some reason they seemed to pick up the first name in the Google calendar list instead.

I think there may be multiple causes of this issue so it may not work for you but worth a try as it is quick easy and safe to do.

User uploaded file

Apr 3, 2015 6:32 AM in response to jkingy12345

I've encountered this issue a couple of times and found it needs to tackled in two ways.

The first is to make sure that your email address has been added to your contact card in Apple's Contacts application. The second step is to compose a new email and let the email addresses populate in the drop down window. Then select holidays in the United Kingdom for your new email. Once selected hover over the name and a disclosure triangle to the right of it will appear. Click the triangle and select "Remove from Previous Recipients List”. Close and re-open Mail and all should be back to normal.

Apr 7, 2015 7:32 AM in response to Community User

I am a bit useless so take with a pinch of salt - however, I had this problem and after hours on the phone to support lines, read up on the advice - I tried changing the settings in calendar as well as removing from previous recipients advice - neither worked. So - I added the dodgy email address to my contacts, and went in and edited out the holidays in the uk bit. It worked.

May 6, 2015 7:53 AM in response to jkingy12345

Hello all,

I had this problem for ages and it was driving me insane.

I don't know the root of the problem, but to fix it what I did was: Go to mail - click window (at the very top of the screen) - click "previous recipients" - select the one you don't want - "remove from list".

I only did this within the last 10 minutes so I haven't road tested it. It might come back. I hope it doesn't.

Cheers,

Oli

Mail: Name is Holidays in United Kingdom

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.