Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I cant upload a PDF file to iTunes. It keeps crashing. Why does this happen?

i have this ebook that i what to upload to iTunes so that i can put it in my phone. Every time i try adding it to iTunes, it crashes and closes. Why cant i upload it to itunes? Is there another way to add it to iTunes?

iTunes 12.0.1 for windows 7

Posted on Jan 7, 2015 3:22 PM

2 replies

Jan 9, 2015 6:21 AM in response to gian.rivero.4

Hello gian.rivero.4,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

If you want to sync a PDF to your iPhone, please follow the directions below.

Syncing and saving PDFs

To add PDFs to your iTunes library on your computer, drag and drop the PDF into your iTunes Book library. If you're using OS X Mavericks, drag and drop your PDFs into your iBooks library using iBooks for Mac.

To sync a PDF to iBooks on your device:

1. Select your iOS device. (Learn more about syncing your data with iTunes.)
  2. Click the Books tab.
  3. Select Sync Books.
  4. If iTunes is set to sync only selected books, select the checkbox next to the PDF you want to sync.
  5. Click Sync.

You can use iTunes to back up your PDF files so they will restore to your iOS device after you update or restore your software or transfer information to a different device. If you use iTunes 11 or later to sync your PDF files to iBooks on your iOS device, a backup of your PDF will be automatically created. A copy of the PDF will be added to your iTunes Books library, or iBooks library if you're using OS X Mavericks.

iBooks: Viewing, syncing, saving, and printing PDFs on iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

Have a great weekend,

Alex H.

Apr 15, 2015 1:35 PM in response to chuck_3rd

The problem is that when we (since i'm having this issue too) try to either drag a pdf/ebook from a folder into iTunes, or try to "Add File to Library"iTunes crashes and for me anyway, doesn't generally take the file.

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH

Application Name: iTunes.exe

Application Version: 12.1.2.27

Application Timestamp: 55236b62

Fault Module Name: StackHash_e3f2

Fault Module Version: 6.1.7601.18798

Fault Module Timestamp: 5507b864

Exception Code: c0000374

Exception Offset: 00000000000bf922

OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1

Locale ID: 1033

Additional Information 1: e3f2

Additional Information 2: e3f280101afd7990b7667117b1bf6fa9

Additional Information 3: 072e

Additional Information 4: 072eee35f5f1e2df3ebedcb7f6b28e1d

I haven't been able to add new pdfs to read in iBooks since iTunes 10 or so.

Any useful suggestions welcome. 🙂 This is happening on a clean install of windows, too, for me. I just installed it all clean and want to read my pdfs, and update some.

I cant upload a PDF file to iTunes. It keeps crashing. Why does this happen?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.