Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Receiving email that payment failed for iCloud storage renewal, but in my settings-acct info it shows the proper card

I received an email "On 01/07/2015, we attempted to charge your account for your 200 GB iCloud storage plan, but there is still a problem with your payment information. Your account will be downgraded to the free 5 GB storage plan if we cannot successfully renew your subscription. Follow the instructions below to update your billing information: 1. Go to Settings and tap iCloud 2. Tap Account 3. Tap Payment Info and follow the prompts

The payment info is the credit card I use daily to purchase iTunes and other items, and is a valid card. I'm unsure how to resolve this? Any suggestions? What other card could they be trying to use? I confirmed with my credit card company that apple did not try to authorize a payment on this card, so they must have been using one of the previous cards I've had to cancel due to fraudulent activity (love the internet age).

Thanks for any advice.

iPhone 6, iOS 8.1.2

Posted on Jan 7, 2015 3:34 PM

5 replies

Jan 7, 2015 3:37 PM in response to jhiptothedel

By the way - this is my 'family sharing' authorized card - I can't actually change payment info on this screen. The note on the payment screen says "This payment method is being used with Family Sharing. Applicable purchases initiated by family members will be billed to this account. Change it in iTunes & App store settings". Perhaps the actual card being used for my iCloud storage is different? I'm not sure how to access/update that one...

Aug 16, 2015 6:14 AM in response to jhiptothedel

I have the same problem. Receiving an e-mail from The iCloud Team (do_not_reply@icloud.com) stating that "There is a problem with your payment information". But following the instruction to check my billing information is not solving the issue as I use the family sharing credit card to pay. Family purchased are working well and the credit card is valid as well. Any idea by anybody? Apple Support please help.

Aug 16, 2015 4:14 PM in response to jhiptothedel

Apple doesn’t routinely monitor the discussions. These are mostly user to user discussions.

Send Apple feedback. They won't answer, but at least will know there is a problem. If enough people send feedback, it may get the problem solved sooner.

Feedback

Or you can use your Apple ID to register with this site and go the Apple BugReporter. Supposedly you will get an answer if you submit feedback.

Feedback via Apple Developer

Contact link bottom left.

iCloud

Aug 29, 2015 2:11 AM in response to asdfj1

I think I've figured it out. Apple has really painted itself into a corner here with the fast and loose historical Apple ID decisions (and that god awful MobileMe).

< This only applies to those with different accounts for iCloud & iTunes>

Here's my situation:

1> Historical AppleID

2> Bought some content on iTunes

3> Got an iPhone and signed in

4> Decided to set up up MobileMe account

5> Use MobileMe which then became iCloud for backups and contacts and everything else

6> iTunes & App Store

So I have two accounts

- content & apps from gmail

- iCloud backup

AND I have family sharing turned on

Signed up for iCloud storage but due to my unique circumstances I never had a credit card there. Anyway - time for renewal is now.

When it asks you to update your info by navigating to iCloud & Payment - that silly email doesn't account for those with 2 separate accounts. If you have a different account for the App Store, your payment information is shown using that account. iCloud storage only looks at your iCloud account (in my case - which has no credit card). What a frustrating loop.

The solution - so janky - is to sign out of iTunes/App Store on Mac or iOS. appleid.apple.com will not cut it. Then sign in with your iCloud account (not iTunes/App Store account) and edit/add credit card info.

This should work.

But this entire saga is pretty shameful. And then they have the gall to tell me I'm "out of my service period". How can you be out of your service period when you buy a subscription?

<Email Edited by Host>

Receiving email that payment failed for iCloud storage renewal, but in my settings-acct info it shows the proper card

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.