Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to stop itunes from locating and adding media

I am cleaning up my movie collection. I am deleting the movie from iTunes. I double checked that the files are indeed being removed from the assigned iTunes media folder. They are in the trash. It seems that iTunes is searching out this media and they are being re-added, one by one! How do I stop iTunes from searching out and adding movie files?

iMac 5K iTunes12.01.26

iMac with Retina 5K display, OS X Yosemite (10.10.1)

Posted on Jan 7, 2015 2:11 PM

2 replies

Jan 7, 2015 4:19 PM in response to ckrizman

Do the reverse of:

iTunes Store: How to enable Automatic Downloads - http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4539 - "iTunes 10.3 3 and iOS 4.3.3 or later (iOS 5 or later for iPhone (CDMA Model)) enable you to automatically download purchases from the App Store, iBookstore, or iTunes Store instantly to your other computers and devices." Some items can only be downloaded once (e.g., audiobooks, ringtones, some movies) and you will have to transfer them from the device to which they were originally downloaded.

How to stop itunes from locating and adding media

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.