Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

After restoring my ipod 5, I can't see apps in itunes.

After restoring my iPod 5 32GB, I can't see apps in iTunes. When I tried to sync, it says I don't have enough storage even though I should. I think it's trying to download all the apps available, which I don't want. I tried deleting and re-installing iTunes, and I have the current iOS8. I have Windows 8.

iPod touch, Windows 7

Posted on Jan 7, 2015 6:29 PM

6 replies

Jan 9, 2015 10:50 AM in response to lllaass

I backed up to iTunes and tried to restore but it said "iTunes could not restore the iPod because not enough free space is available". I thought it backed up only what is on the iPod? I couldn't do a factory restore either because "the iPod software update server could not be contacted".

I also had this issue with my iPhone 4S but I was able to do a factory restore. However, I still don't see apps in iTunes when I connect the iPhone. If I search the app store I can see which apps I have, they just don't show on the computer.

Jan 9, 2015 11:12 AM in response to karen285

Update Server

Try:

- Powering off and then back on your router.

- iTunes for Windows: iTunes cannot contact the iPhone, iPad, or iPod software update server

- Change the DNS to either Google's or Open DNS servers

Public DNS — Google Developers

OpenDNS IP Addresses

- For one user uninstalling/reinstalling iTunes resolved the problem

- Try on another computer/network

- Wait if it is an Apple problem

Also, for not enough space, remove from your iTunes library media that is on the iPod that yo do not need so it can't be restored to the iPod

After restoring my ipod 5, I can't see apps in itunes.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.