Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

APP Store Login Error - Cannot verfy Device

Trying to login to my account in App Store. White Macbook (2008). Keep getting message "Your device or computer cannot be verified". Can access account from other mac's, so problem is with this computer. Have read other posts and have deleted NetworkInterfaces.plist file and rebooted computer several times. No luck. All these postings seem older, none recent. Any suggestions for 2015?

Thanks!

Posted on Jan 7, 2015 9:23 PM

3 replies

Jan 9, 2015 10:36 AM in response to Beijing iMac

Hello Beijing iMac,

To help resolve this issue where you're receiving the error "Your Device or computer could not be verified" please follow the directions below. There are a few more steps to go through after deleting the networkinterfaces.plist file.

Use the following steps to delete your network preferences.

Important: You must be logged in as an administrator.

1. Click the Finder icon in the Dock.
  2. Choose Go to Folder from the Go menu.
  3. Type /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration
  4. Copy the file networkinterfaces.plist to the desktop (to make a precautionary backup).
  5. Delete the file "networkinterfaces.plist." from SystemConfiguration.
  6. Restart your Mac.
  7. Create new location in Network preferences, in System Preferences.

Once your computer has restarted, you will need to refresh your network settings to be able to connect to the Internet again:

1. Choose System Preferences from the Apple menu.
  2. Choose Network from the View menu.
  3. From the Location pop-up menu, choose "New Location".
  4. Type a name for your location and click OK.
  5. Click the Apply Now at the bottom right to accept the changes.

If your network connection requires any special settings, you will need to enter them again.

OS X Lion: Unable to download OS X Lion wirelessly from Mac App Store - "Your device or computer could not be verified" - Apple Support

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities!

Cheers,

Alex H.

Jan 10, 2015 7:47 AM in response to chuck_3rd

Alex --- thanks for the reply.

I have attempted the steps you listed several times (they were available from a previous posting). The first time, I had to edit the network location. Subsequent times, the computer would retain the network settings or I would have to edit & add the wifi connection. I never was able to logon to the App Store in either of these times.

Can you please add some more detail to the troubleshooting? or some more steps? Should I shut-down and then reboot? or simply restart?

What other steps can be taken to fix this error?

again, thanks!

John

APP Store Login Error - Cannot verfy Device

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.