Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Time Machine OS Recovery

Hello

I've recently installed a new hard drive on my (late2008unibody) MacBookPro, used the Install Disks to clean install original OS to 10.5.8

I would like to reinstall the OS from my previous drive, Yosemite, but can't find just how to do that. (I can't find any Snow Leopard or other disks, so doing a Yosemite clean download isn't working)

I want to leave most other data behind, I'm wanting to have this new drive all clean and fresh, if that makes sense. My last drive became very cluttered with all sorts of data/programs etc (as you can probably imagine after so many years hard labour!)

Any help would be much appreciated

MacBook Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Jan 8, 2015 12:51 AM

2 replies

Jan 8, 2015 1:53 AM in response to Rob Maclese

If you have an access to other Mac on which you can download Yosemite, you can create a bootable USB disk/memory stick:

Create a bootable installer for OS X Mavericks or Yosemite - Apple Support

Or, if you still have access to your old drive and still can run OS X Yosemite from it, you can use USB Recovery Disk Assistant app to create a USB Recovery Disk:

OS X: About Recovery Disk Assistant - Apple Support

OS X Recovery Disk Assistant v1.0

To start you Mac from USB disk or USB Memory Stick you can use Startup Manager: How to choose a startup disk on your Mac - Apple Support

Time Machine OS Recovery

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.