Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I want to change the name of my bluetooth device in iOS.

Attended a meeting yesterday. Several others in the room had the same Logitech Ultrathin BT keyboard. So, the connect list was a mile long. Each attempt to connect failed as others were connecting to each others keyboards......no way to tell who's keyboard belonged to whom. Everyone gave up on trying to use the Logitech keyboard. A bit frustrating to say the least. This should be a simple fix......but, doesn't look like it unless I'm willing to jailbreak my iPad?

Posted on Jan 8, 2015 7:57 AM

41 replies

Feb 4, 2017 8:15 PM in response to ChrisJ4203

It's a feature that Android offers to connect to bluetooth devices seamlessly. Say I've a Logitech UE Boombox and another bluetooth speaker, say the JBL Flip... Yes they will both have different names, you're right. But what if, like in my case, I connect to a friends speaker? His being the same one I have. (UE or JBL)...

On iPhone, I've not been able to change the devices name, Android however, allows me to do so, which I think is great.

Aug 18, 2017 9:26 AM in response to Syahidin

Syahidin wrote:

I'm already did like u said but its still remain unchanged. The result is only rename my phone as iphone even i try so many time to change my name. Any solution??

The instructions provided by the poster that you replied to are not to change the name of a Bluetooth device. That will change the name of the iPhone only.

If you are referring to something else, please explain.

Feb 15, 2015 10:54 AM in response to westgorge

Actually, while Chris is correct in that the device name is indeed supplied by the manufacturer, it is apple who needs to get off their butts and supply us with a solution. Can you imagine every hardware manufacturer trying to reinvent the wheel here and then getting it to work on each device? Android is capable of renaming devices and Apple already knows how to do it as well. Unfortunately, it is a function only available for Mac users. In Bluetooth settings on Mac OS, you can simply 2-finger click a device and then select the rename option. Please Apple, release this option along with IOS 9.

Feb 15, 2015 11:40 AM in response to kblaquiere

kblaquiere wrote:

Actually, .... it is apple who needs to get off their butts and supply us with a solution. .... Please Apple, release this option along with IOS 9.

This is a user to user support forum. Apple does not participate here, and if you want them to hear your opinion, you need to go to the feedback page HERE, and click on the appropriate subject.

Jul 20, 2015 11:19 AM in response to ChrisJ4203

HI Chris, Always good advice to encourage folks to send in feedback to Apple. Thanks for making that easy by supplying the link. Whereas it is true Apple does not participate in these discussions by responding to posts, they do read them. I know that because on several occasions I have been contacted by Apple to follow-up on I wrote. I must say they were very polite, very interested, and eager to get more hard data from me to aid their troubleshooting. I am not advocating 100's of people post about the same frustration concerning a functionality limitation. But one or two such posts may get Apple's attention. Most importantly, it helps to rally the troops to sent in those feedback reports!

I want to change the name of my bluetooth device in iOS.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.