Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

syncing iphone 6 to car bluetooth

cannot sync my IPhone 6 to my car's Bluetooth. Is there a fix on the way from Apple?

iPhone 6, iOS 8.1.2

Posted on Jan 8, 2015 12:14 PM

7 replies

Jan 10, 2015 9:05 AM in response to CissyDraper

Hi CissyDraper,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

I understand that you are having issues connecting you iPhone 6 to your car’s stereo via Bluetooth. In this situation, there may be a few different resources I would suggest reading over and working through. Please use the information in the attached articles to help troubleshoot and resolve this issue.

Get help using your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with your car stereo - Apple Support

If you can’t use a Bluetooth accessory or car kit - Apple Support

Have a great day,

Joe

Jan 13, 2015 8:46 AM in response to CissyDraper

Is this phone a creation from the backup of the old phone? What happens when you turn on Bluetooth for the phone, does it "see" the car? Is this phone named the same as the old phone? If so, try renaming the phone to something else and see what happens. It seems sometimes, depending on the vehicle system, the car's Bluetooth system gets confused when a phone of a same name tries to pair but has a different electronic address.

Mar 6, 2015 5:19 PM in response to CissyDraper

I too, have this problem. I have a 2013 Hyundai Veloster. This problem started when I got the phone in December 2014. I read a lot of online forums and tried all of the suggestions. The only one that worked was to restore the phone to factory settings and rename it. This worked fine for about 2 months, then it stopped. The car says it's paired, but I am unable to use the phone or Pandora, etc. I have now factory reset it 4 times. It is still not working. I got it to make one phone call yesterday, but today again, it will not. Sometimes it can read my contacts but will not make the call, other times it won't even be able to read the contacts. The Pandora screen says there is no phone connected. I am beyond frustrated. I saved up for a very long time to buy a car and a new phone. The fact that they cannot play nicely together is ridiculous. (My iphone 4S worked perfectly with the car. Not one problem, ever.)

syncing iphone 6 to car bluetooth

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.