Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Persistant Adware (PJS-4.2 installed)

Someone suggested to another user that a new post should be started on this persistent problem.

I followed Linc Davis instructions on removing adware and also pasted my test results to an old discussion that seemed to describe my problem. I also ran Thomas_r's TSMART.zip because my system is older that 10.7 and nothing is working to get rid of this mess in Safari. I did not have any extension is Safari Preferences therefore nothing to delete. I did not have any of the adware names that Linc Davis instructions mentioned and Thomas_r fix unfortunately didn't work either for MY problem. I clicked on one of the adds cause I figured I had little to lose and I got a pop up window telling me PJS-4.2 was installed and that I could suppress the add for 24hrs or I could remove it from Safari Extensions but I have no Safari extensions showing up at all. When this problem first occured, I was prompted to call a 1-855 number immediately. I also saw a post on this community describing sort of my problem that that folks should call an 1-855 number for help and I believe Apple support was supposed to be who you would be calling. I did not call the number and the post was added less than an hour ago.

Posted on Jan 8, 2015 1:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 9, 2015 7:19 AM

It appears Thomas Reed answered your question about PJS-4.2 in another topic as being a very new adware called Buca Apps. You responded his removal instructions solved your problem. Is that still true?

6 replies

Jan 9, 2015 5:07 PM in response to vq11

If you follow -> Remove unwanted adware that displays pop-up ads and graphics on your Mac - Apple Support

But add these times to your list of things to look for / remove it will catch this issue as well.

com.qwebhelper.plist

com.webtools.update.agent.plis

com.bundlopre.mac-os-x-installer

com.install4j.installations.plist

com.install4j.installations_18-27-58.plist

Hope this helps 🙂

Apr 24, 2015 10:02 PM in response to WBeck71

I have had an issue with being locked out of my Safari for a couple days but have been too busy with school work to fix it...

You mentioning "com.install4j.installations.plist" saved me an incredible amount of time solving this and I would like to thank you for letting me get back to my work and dispelling fears of potential malware infection.

Thank you

Persistant Adware (PJS-4.2 installed)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.