Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

PRICE INCREASE?

Why has the price of the 200GB ICloud subscription gone up from £2.99 to £6.08?

Very annoyed at this rip off attempt.

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.1.2

Posted on Jan 8, 2015 3:01 PM

11 replies

Jan 8, 2015 3:38 PM in response to Winston Churchill

The price of your 1-Month 200GB subscription has increased from £2.99 to £6.08. This increase will only take effect in future subscription periods, and does not affect your current subscription. Auto-renewal of your subscription has been turned off. To turn auto-renewal back on at the higher price or choose a different subscription period, click below and sign in to your account.

That is the email I got. I thought it was a scam trying to get me to follow a fraudulent link. But checking the iCloud options from the Settings menu it looks like £6.08 will be the new price from next month. A second email from Apple says:

As requested, your iCloud storage will be downgraded to 5 GB on 15/01/2015. However, you are currently using 36 GB.
Unless you take action before your downgrade takes effect, backups to iCloud will stop, and apps will no longer be able to save documents to iCloud. You can either free up storage or cancel your downgrade to keep your current storage plan for another year.
User uploaded file
To continue using these iCloud features without interruption, you can cancel your downgrade by selecting a different storage plan:
User uploaded file
User uploaded file1.User uploaded fileOn your iOS device, go to Settings and tap iCloud
User uploaded file
User uploaded file2.User uploaded fileTap Account.
User uploaded file
User uploaded file3.User uploaded fileTap your current plan, then choose from the options presented
User uploaded file
For more information on managing your iCloud storage, please read this Learn how to manage your iCloud storage >.

Jan 8, 2015 4:34 PM in response to m_mcr

got the same mail a couple of minutes ago. didn't change my plan nor any icloud setting, which is why I'm super confused.

in my icloud setting, the price of the 200GB increased from 3,99€ to 9,99€

the 500GB also costs 9,99€ ...

pretty sure that it's some sort of icloud problem, no planned price increase by apple.

PRICE INCREASE?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.