Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Final Cut Pro transforms video creation with Live Multicam on iPad and new AI features on Mac. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Final Cut Pro using the title Winners Circle

In Final Cut Pro X, I'm trying to use the title called Winners Circle but I want to change the number of Text lines. It defaults to 5 but I'd like to use both 3 and 6, any ideas?

iMovie '11

Posted on Jan 9, 2015 9:04 AM

12 replies

Jan 9, 2015 5:15 PM in response to Zaphod7

I've tweaked Winners Circle to be selectable. You can choose 1, 2, 3, 4, or 5 lines. If you need more, trim the title to just past 4 and add a second instance set with as many extra lines as you need. You can also set the colors for the background. Timing is set with a Project Loop (if you stretch it longer than 10 seconds, it will loop back to the beginning.) The original Winners Circle time stretches if you drag it out (and runs faster if sized smaller.) When you select less than five lines in this version, you can let the title play (as a still) or cut it to the length you need without affecting the timing of the "play". All timing will be consistent regardless of the number of lines you use.

download it here

Jan 10, 2015 11:41 AM in response to Zaphod7

In the Title inspector, use the parameters available there:

User uploaded file

Max Lines is set to 5 by default, but you can change that from 1 - 5. If you select one, the first text element will show and the animation will stop and "hold" until the end of the title length. If you extend the title length, the animation will loop; but you can cut the end length to however long you want to show the text. The same is true for 2 lines through 4 lines.

To extend the number of lines, put another copy of the Title at the end of the first one. Trim the first one so that when the text rotates out, at the first frame that no text shows. The second one will come in and be a perfect match. Just fill in new text for the second instance, and so on, for as many text entries as you need.

Jul 1, 2015 5:56 AM in response to fox_m

Hi Fox,

I stumbled upon this thread and coincidentally I was also looking to customize the winner circle. It seems you have created an advanced plugin (outside my area of expertise) which allows one to change the number of lines and background colors.

In may particular case, I am seeking to change the HEX colors of the orange lines themselves to particular #hex color I am using in photoshop.

Is this in anyway possible using the file you provided earlier in your thread.

Any feedback or advice would be very much appreciated. I did try messing around with the mask color board but this creates uneven color affects (and shadows) as you modify the color and saturation etc. I also thought about using SliceX to draw dynamic keyframe masks around the lines but this seems like overkill.

Any ideas?

Thanks

J

Jul 1, 2015 8:45 AM in response to Luis Sequeira1

Thank you. I downloaded the file, unzipped it and placed it in the following folder: http://screencast.com/t/ciM9nlB4s

User / Movie / Motion Templates / Winner Circle Selectable

I then closed FCPX down and reopened. I tested an a) existing winner circle clip b) and a new one by dragging it onto the timeline.

But, no inspector color options appear as per screenshots in this thread?

Have I missed a step or something...I assume the 'selectable' should show up as a new plugin effect but I do not see it?

I am using FCPX 10.2.1

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks

J

Final Cut Pro using the title Winners Circle

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.