Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

imessage font size

Hey, Before updating to yosemite I had settings that allowed me to make the font on Imessage huge, change the font colour and even the bubble colour so i could see it without having to be close to the screen. Now i'm finding I have to go really close to use Imessage.

How do I make the font bigger (massive) and change the colour of the font and bubbles. If this feature is now lost for good I am very disappointed as Imessage on the imac is now useless for me cannot view it from far like I used to be able to.

Thank you

Posted on Jan 9, 2015 2:00 PM

2 replies

Jan 10, 2015 1:58 PM in response to William Lloyd

Hi,

If you go to System Preferences > Accessibility and then chose the Display option and then the Reduce Transparency followed by a restart of Messages the text size slider becomes a drop down to chose Fonts.

Choosing the "Other" option you can select anything you have and adjust the size of that font.

Even though the open Show Fonts box allows you to change the text colour it is still overridden by the Balloons.Transcript that keeps the font white for Outgoing Messages and black on grey for incoming ones.

User uploaded file

9:58 pm Saturday; January 10, 2015

 iMac 2.5Ghz i5 2011 (Mavericks 10.9)
 G4/1GhzDual MDD (Leopard 10.5.8)
 MacBookPro 2Gb (Snow Leopard 10.6.8)
 Mac OS X (10.6.8),
 Couple of iPhones and an iPad

imessage font size

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.