Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do you get the home icon to appear in the library menu?

I am trying to transfer library from old pc to new. I have opened home share in both on the same account. Followed instructions to the point home share icon should appear in the upper left library menu. After clicking share library in the sharing tab the home icon does not appear. How do I find the computer to share with?

Posted on Jan 9, 2015 2:39 PM

11 replies

Jan 12, 2015 4:08 AM in response to Carudi

Sorry about that, I thought you were saying you had set up sharing instead.

Do you have any firewalls turned on or any security software running, it sounds as though you have something blocking homesharing.

The following article(s) may help you.

Troubleshooting Home Sharing

Security Software Issues

Troubleshooting Wi-Fi networks and connections

Recommended Wi-Fi settings

Wifi Diagnostic Software (for Mac users)

You may also find some help on this page, where I’ve collected some of the more unusual solutions to network issues.

When making adjustments to your network for better optimisation, you may find some of the points mentioned on this page helpful.

Jan 18, 2015 3:16 PM in response to Winston Churchill

Thanks. I found a solution on your this page collection. Firewall setting seemed a logical and relatively easy fix so I tried that first and it worked. Home share now available & I can now open the shared libraries.Thank you so much. I am still unable to transfer the library, however. If you have any suggestions on how to do that I would love to hear them.

How do you get the home icon to appear in the library menu?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.