Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ipad 2 will not connect to internet

iPad 2 will not connect to internet. Wheel keeps going around. The other day it found it and showed a strong signal but still was not connected. Everything is up to date, reinstalled the setup but no luck. When plugged in to the computer, the iPad now does not even show up. This was my brothers iPad and was rarely used. Can things like this go bad? Any suggestions to help would be greatly appreciated. I have never had an iPad before. Thank you.

iMac

Posted on Jan 9, 2015 3:01 PM

1 reply

Jan 11, 2015 12:02 PM in response to katydidit

Hi katydidit,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities. Based on what you stated, it sounds like you do not have access to the internet when connected to the network. I would recommend that you read these articles, they may be helpful in troubleshooting your issue.

iOS: Troubleshooting Wi-Fi networks and connections - Apple Support

Unable to access the Internet while connected to Wi-Fi

1. If you're using a public or commercial network, you may need to log in or subscribe.
  2. Check to see if you have a self-assigned IP address:
    1. Tap Settings > Wi-Fi and locate the Wi-Fi network to which you're connected and tap User uploaded file.
    2. If your IP address is 169.254.xxx.xxx, you may not be able to access the Internet.
  3. If you do not have a self-assigned IP address, see if other Wi-Fi devices on your network have Internet access.
    • If they do not, consult with your network administrator or ISP for further assistance.
    • If they do, reset network settings on your device by tapping Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings. Note: This will reset all network settings including:
      • previously connected Wi-Fi networks and passwords
      • recently used Bluetooth accessories
      • VPN and APN settings

iOS: Device not recognized in iTunes for OS X - Apple Support

Cheers,

Mario

ipad 2 will not connect to internet

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.