Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

why is my computer not playing HD films?

i played a HD film yesterday bought from ITunes store and i bought the sequal today again form itunes and now it saying i cant play it becuase of HDCP, I own serveral films in HD, why is this?

Posted on Jan 9, 2015 4:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 21, 2017 12:15 AM

I understand what HDCP is but how is it possible that a 2 yo MacBook Pro does not have the technology required to play Apple's on HDCP content? What is the point of buying an Apple device if it can't play Apple purchased content?

2 replies

Jan 11, 2015 12:17 PM in response to ariten

Hello ariten,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities! HDCP stands for High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection - are you attempting to view the HD content on an external display or different setup than your previous viewing? If so, this may contribute to the issue:

iTunes for Windows: Unable to view or play HD video content that requires HDCP - Apple Support

http://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203375

High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection (HDCP) is a security feature requiring the use of HDCP certified products in order to display digital media like High-defintion (HD) video. In iTunes for Windows, in order to view HD content, both the display hardware (computer screen, LCD, external monitor, and so on) and video card driver must support HDCP. For additional information on purchasing and viewing HD Videos, refer to iTunes: Purchasing and viewing HD Videos.

Cheers,

Matt M.

why is my computer not playing HD films?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.