Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Keynote opens in preview and .ibooks format but does not function when my book is downloaded from the iBooks store?

While working in iBA (version 2.2) my Keynote (version 6.5.1) Presentation Widget will open and function in preview and as a .ibooks file on both my MacBook Pro (2011), on my iPad Mini Retina and my wife's iPad 2. Now that my book is in the iBook Store, when it is purchased and downloaded from the store the Keynote widget does not function. The initial page/image will display in the scroll bar along the bottom of the screen; however, when that page is turned to the image disappears and only the play button remains. When the play button is touched, that too disappears. When expanded to full screen by spreading two fingers apart on the iPads or using the full-screen button on the Mac a black screen appears with an x in the top left corner.

Ideas? All other videos and widgets are functioning perfectly regardless of the format or device.

Thanks for any and all insight.

C

MacBook Pro, iOS 8.1.2

Posted on Jan 9, 2015 5:19 PM

5 replies

Apr 14, 2015 9:50 AM in response to mykidsot

I have been having the same problem. Just as you, keynotes were playing fine in my preview and on the .ibooks file, but they disappeared or play black after downloading the book from iTunes Store. I contact Apple and did not get an answer to this issue, so I kept trying things.

At the end, I think is due to the DMR protection. If you check the box not to protect your book with DMR when submitting your content through iTunes Producer, then Keynotes will play normally in your ibook. At least they do now at mine :-)

I hope this help you, and maybe someone else with this same problem.

Please share if this solve your case too.

May 23, 2015 10:23 AM in response to linda13

Hi Linda,

You decide whether you want to protect your content with DMR or not when submitting your books to iTunes Store through iTunes Producer. In my case, I thought that the only difference between the .ibooks in my mac and the one delivered to iTunes was the DMR protection, so I unchecked the check box for the DMR protection in iTunes Producer and since all my problems were solved. Now books work just as they should. Hope it works for you too.

My Keynote opens in preview and .ibooks format but does not function when my book is downloaded from the iBooks store?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.