Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Maverick installation 2015 ?

Since Maverick installation is no longer available in the App store is there a way to get Maverick?

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Jan 10, 2015 3:30 AM

20 replies

Jan 28, 2015 12:19 PM in response to macfrombrampton

If your computer came with Mountain Lion preinstalled, if you use the "internet recovery" feature of your Mac, it will re-download it automatically and start the installation process.

When rebooting your Mac and immediately after hearing the "chime" sound, press CMD+Option+R (CMD+Alt+R) and it will enter internet recovery.

Hope this helps.

Jan 28, 2015 3:11 PM in response to QuickTimeKirk

QuickTimeKirk wrote:

Buy Mountain Lion from the Apple Store for $20 and redeem it in the App Store app.

I'm having the same question. Still on 10.8 but don't want to go to Yosemite, so Maverick is what I'd like to update to.

How exactly is this going to work? I did buy Mountain Lion a while back, but how can I turn this into a proper Maverick installer? Can you elaborate please?

Is there no download somewhere hidden on the Apple website? I can't believe that Apple is forcing me to update all the way to Yosemite, if I want it or not.

I'd like to update Logic too, which requires minimum OSX 10.9

Yosemite is a no go for me, at least for the moment.

Maverick installation 2015 ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.