Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I keyed incorrect email address when I set up my id for iTunes and AppStore and when I try to correct it says email already it's. How can I correct this on my Apple ipad 2 mini.

I Keyed incorrect email address when I tried setting up my iPad 2 mini to iTunes and apps. WWhen I try to correct it says email already exist. How can I correct this.

iPad 2

Posted on Jan 10, 2015 7:49 AM

1 reply

Jan 11, 2015 2:50 PM in response to Rainesd527

Hi Rainesd527,

Welcome to the Support Communities! Are you having issues with the iTunes and App Store settings? Are you able to sign out of the account on your iPad mini and then sign in with your correct Apple ID?

Using an existing Apple ID with the iTunes Store, Mac App Store, and iBooks Store - Apple Support

Fix Apple ID issues

If you have an Apple ID and try to use the same email address to create a new one at the iTunes Store, you'll see a message that says, "The email address you entered is already being used for an Apple Account. If it is yours, you can cancel and Sign In using that Apple Account." If this happens, click Cancel and sign in using your Apple ID.

Manage your Apple ID primary, rescue, alternate, and notification email addresses

Add, change, or delete the several types of email addresses you can use with your Apple ID account.

Primary email address

Every Apple ID account has one primary email address, and that address is your Apple ID. When you create an Apple ID, you enter the primary address to use as your Apple ID.

Your primary address is also the contact email address for your account. Check it regularly, because it receives email that you need to manage your account. For example, before you can use a new or changed Apple ID, you need to verify it as directed in a verification email that Apple sends to that address. Didn't receive the email?

Rescue email address

A rescue address helps secure your Apple ID account against unauthorized access by someone who gains control of your primary address. If you have a rescue address, it receives all security-related Apple ID email instead of your primary address, including the email needed to reset your password or security questions.

1. Go to My Apple ID (appleid.apple.com).
  2. Select “Manage your Apple ID” and sign in.
  3. Select “Password and Security” on the left side of the page. You may be asked to answer one or more security questions before continuing. Forgot the answers?
  4. If you see a list of three security questions, your account has the option to use a rescue address.
    • Accounts that have fewer than three questions don't have and don't need a rescue address.
    • Accounts that use two-step verification don't have and don't need a rescue address or security questions.
  5. Add a rescue address:
    • Select Add Email Address, then enter your rescue address. Apple will send a verification email to that address. Didn't receive the email?
    • Follow the instructions in the email to verify the address. If you don't verify the address, security-related email continues to go to your primary address.
  6. Edit a rescue address:
    • Select Edit next to the address, then enter the new address. Apple will send a verification email to that address. Didn't receive the email?
    • Follow the instructions in the email to verify the address. If you don't verify the address, security-related email continues to go to your primary address.
  7. Delete a rescue address: Select Delete next to the address.

Alternate email address

You can add one or more alternate email addresses for use with Apple services such as Game Center, FaceTime, Find My Friends, iMessage, and OS X notifications.

3. Add an alternate address:
    • Select Add Email Address, then enter your alternate address. Apple will send a verification email to that address. Didn't receive the email?
    • Follow the instructions in the email to verify the address.
  4. Edit an alternate address:
    • Select Edit next to the address, then enter the new address. Apple will send a verification email to that address. Didn't receive the email?
  5. Delete an alternate address: Select Delete next to the address.

Notification email address

A notification address is automatically added to your account in certain circumstances:

• If you have a rescue address and turn on two-step verification, that address automatically becomes your notification address. With two-step verification, you don't need a rescue address.
  • If you provide an email address with your shipping information when you purchase from the Apple Online Store, that address automatically becomes your notification address.

Your primary address receives a copy of all Apple ID email that Apple sends to your notification address.

3. Edit a notification address:
  4. Delete a notification address: Select Delete next to the address.

Apple email related to your Apple ID account always comes from appleid@id.apple.com. If you receive suspicious email, learn about identifying fraudulent email.

Last Modified:

If you are still not able to resolve your Apple ID issue, here is the link to our support team:

Apple ID - Contact - Apple Support
https://www.apple.com/support/appleid/contact/

I hope this information helps ....

- Judy

I keyed incorrect email address when I set up my id for iTunes and AppStore and when I try to correct it says email already it's. How can I correct this on my Apple ipad 2 mini.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.