Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I purchased a 6plus with iOS 8. When i sync, the phone does not see my Aperture albums as previous phone and os did. guidance, please?

I understand that Aperture is to be discontinued. However, with over 70,000 photos in Aperture, I'm at a loss to determine how to get many of my key photos onto the iPhone. The albums that I used to sync from Aperture are still on my iPhone 6 and my iPad , but new albums can't be synched. Would someone care to comment regarding what I should do going forward? Should I migrate my entire library to a new system? Should I store my entire 70,000 photos to iCloud?

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.1.2

Posted on Jan 10, 2015 9:12 AM

1 reply

Jan 10, 2015 9:24 AM in response to SHEPonCape

Should I store my entire 70,000 photos to iCloud?

That is not yet possible. The Photos.app for mac, to be released early this year, will support a Photo Library in the cloud, just like iOS 8 already does for your Mobile devices, see: iCloud Photo Library beta FAQ

I understand that Aperture is to be discontinued. However, with over 70,000 photos in Aperture, I'm at a loss to determine how to get many of my key photos onto the iPhone. The albums that I used to sync from Aperture are still on my iPhone 6 and my iPad , but new albums can't be synched

If you enabled iCloud Photo Library (Beta) on your iPhone or iPad, syncing with iTunes Photo Sync and uploading from the Mac using "MY Photo Stream" is no longer possible.

But if you are having problems to sync from Aperture, without having iCloud Photo Library enabled, you may have a problem with a corrupted iPod Photo Cache in your library. See this support document: iTunes: Understanding the iPod Photo Cache folder

If that is not the problem try, if repairing your Aperture library will help: with the Aperture Library First Aid tools:

• Make a backup copy of your Aperture Library, but don't overwrite any older backups.
  • To launch the "First Aid Tools" hold down the options-command keys ⌥⌘ while double clicking your Aperture Library.
  • Keep the keys held down firmly until the First Aid panel appears.
  • Then select "Repair database" from the First Aid pane.
  • If this does not yet fix it, try the other options in turn, starting with Repair Permissions. Run "Rebuild Database" only if you have a good backup .

I purchased a 6plus with iOS 8. When i sync, the phone does not see my Aperture albums as previous phone and os did. guidance, please?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.