Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

XSERVE RAID all connected no disk in disk utility

Hi,

I have an xserve intel connected to a xserver raid via LSI7204EP. Raid Admin works disk are created. All connection green I can see it in OS X 10.7.5. But the raw disks are not showing up in Disk Utility. Any idea?

Thanks,

Eddy

User uploaded file

Posted on Jan 10, 2015 10:35 AM

5 replies

Jan 13, 2015 8:15 AM in response to EddyHahn

All I see is a successful FC connection. Have you clicked Create Array yet?

If you haven't and you go ahead and click Create Array be prepared to have this take some time. Depending on how many disks you have as well as their size it can take up to 36 hours before the RAID is finally built. It should be available though for sharing and storing data etc although access/write speeds may be restricted or slow until the RAID is finally ready.

Don't forget the 15% rule for RAIDs. What is the 15% rule? Try and leave 15% free of whatever size your RAID volume is going to be otherwise RAID performance becomes extremely poor.

Jan 13, 2015 9:57 AM in response to Antonio Rocco

Arrays are created and it took around 36 hours. I have 14x700GB drives. Rebooted still nothing. I ordered another hba that was actually pulled from a production server. Maybe the firmware is to new in my card. I wish LSI have the lsiutil availsble for OS X. I also reinstalled OS X just in case but still nothing.

Let's see with the new hba.

XSERVE RAID all connected no disk in disk utility

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.