Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to receive calls when WiFi is on

Both my wife and I are suffering from exactly the same problem. I have an iPhone 5 and she has a 5s. We’re both running iOS 8.1.2

When we’re at home neither of our phones show incoming calls, all calls go straight to voicemail. However, when we disable WiFi everything works fine.

I thought it might be something on our internal network, but I gone through the process of reseting all devices and turning stuff off, but to no avail. I’ve even connected to our neighbour’s WiFi and the problem is the same. I’ve turned off “iPhone Cellular Calls” in Facetime settings, no difference.

I’ve looked at my iPhone’s logs for clues, but there’s nothing that stands out. I’m running out of ideas. Has anyone else had similar issues?

Posted on Jan 10, 2015 12:42 PM

3 replies

Jul 28, 2015 7:54 PM in response to ctomer

It appears to have something to do with the iOS 8 operating system. My son's iPhone is still running iOS 7 and it doesn't have any problems. My iPhone and my Mother's iPhone are both running versions of iOS8, mine is the latest and hers is one version previous. They are both unable to receive calls when the wifi is turned on.

Jul 28, 2015 10:48 PM in response to sberman

Since my carrier and my son's carrier are the same and even the same account and his worked and mine didn't I would have to rule out the carrier as a problem. Since mine also didn't work no matter which wifi network I was connected to, home or friend's home or work, I think network issues can also be ruled out. Any other suggestions as to what it might be?

Unable to receive calls when WiFi is on

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.