Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Canon mx922 printer does not AirPrint

My Canon MX 922 printer no longer shows us as an AirPrint printer. I have tried WiFi, plugging it into an Airport Express and Wired Ethernet LAN. I can print to it from my Macs, but it never shows up as an AirPrint printer from iPhone or iPad. It used to. Maybe since upgrading to IOS 8 it has stopped. Not sure.

MacBook Air, OS X Mavericks (10.9), Yosemite

Posted on Jan 10, 2015 3:26 PM

6 replies

May 19, 2017 7:11 PM in response to Lyle Phillips

It is now May 2017, I used to be able to airprint from my iPhones to my Canon Pixma MX922, but got error that "No airprinters found" on my iPhone 6S Plus. I searched the internet with no easy result. On a whim, I turned on AirDrop until my iPhone saw my iMac, then suddenly the Canon printer showed up and I was able to airprint. Hallelujah. Didn't see that solution in my quick search. Seems finicky. Even airdrop seems finicky, doesn't always find Macs easily.

Craig A

Mar 2, 2015 2:45 PM in response to Lyle Phillips

Had the same problem. It was working before, and then it wasn't. The printer was showing up on the iPhone, but nothing happens when I tried to print. I tested it on my desktop and it didn't work there either. Deleted the driver off my computer. Went to Canon's website to download the drivers. Installed it. The printer worked again on both computer and iPhone.

Try downloading the driver for it on a computer and go from there.

Apr 28, 2015 12:18 PM in response to ntvtxn

I too had an issue with this, right after a power failure, and my iPhone 6 Plus could not find the printer. Baffled me for a bit, then I went through the documentation for the printer, Canon MX922, and when I came to the part about reseting the WiFi, I remembered that I had to press the button on my router to get the router to find and connect to the printer. I called up the menu on the printer, went to the "WPS Settings" choice, clicked that, then pressed the button on the back of my router and everything returned back to normal. Hope this helps others out, and I made a note on my computer, since where I live we seem to be plagued with power bumps, and maybe I won't go through the confusion again.

Canon mx922 printer does not AirPrint

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.