Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 8.1.2 really - Auto Brightness

I compare my iPhone 6 Plus & my friend iPhone 6 Plus after updated to the latest iOS 8.1.2..
There's some difference as in I don't have the "auto-brightness" but my friend has..
How do I fix the problem ?

<Edited by Host>

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.1.2, auto brightness issuse

Posted on Jan 10, 2015 11:17 PM

18 replies

Jan 16, 2015 6:32 AM in response to Brett L

User uploaded fileUser uploaded file

Can you see the difference between both me & my friend iPhone 6 Plus after updated to iOS 8.1.2 ?

Mine is the one without the Auto Brightness menu that's why I'm F**king ****** off that I have to adjust the brightness all the time instead of auto..

I've tired reformat my phone & re-download the iOS & update it again but nothing has change ! ! !

Jan 16, 2015 7:24 AM in response to Yuan1789

How do you know that there is nothing wrong with your light sensor? Your iPhone shows signs that it isn't working since the light sensor is what controls Auto-Brightness. No working sensor = no Auto-brightness.

Presumably your friend has the same phone and is also running iOS 8.1.2. Given that there is clearly something wrong with your iPhone.

At this stage in its life if you get your iPhone replaced it is unlikely that you would get a refurbished iPhone 6.

Jan 16, 2015 7:52 AM in response to Yuan1789

The screen is turned Off when you are on the phone by the Proximity Sensor which is not the same as the Light Sensor.

Your problem with the light sensor isn't due to iOS 8.1.2. Your current problem may be just coincidental. I've seen no other reports of any Auto-Brightness problem in iOS 8.1.2.

Try restoring your iPhone to Factory using iTunes on your Computer to rule out corrupted iOS software.

Hope for the best.

iOS 8.1.2 really - Auto Brightness

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.