Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to remotely fix computer in Yosemite

I am often called upon to fix my 83 year old father's iMac. I would love to be able to somehow remote into his computer and fix it that way vs having to drive all the way to his house.

Is there a way of doing this?

I don't quite understand the difference between Screen Sharing and Remote Management.

Help? Pretty please?

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10.1), null

Posted on Jan 11, 2015 8:30 AM

1 reply

Jan 12, 2015 1:11 PM in response to Lida Verner

You can easily set up Screen Sharing to work over the Internet without additional software. You just need to ensure both your computer and his computer are running OS X 1.7.5 or later. Open the System Preferences window, click the iCloud icon, sign into your iCloud account on both machines, check Use Back to My Mac (which you may want to be the only thing checked on your father's computer) and go through the setup process. Then when you use your Mac, his other Mac will appear under the Shared section of the sidebar in Finder, and you can connect to its screen over the Internet to control.

for more info: Set up and use Back to My Mac - Apple Support

How to remotely fix computer in Yosemite

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.