Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

streaming desktop mac to apple tv via Airplay-Monitor is currently very bad connection since last updates

Hello

I have this simple Problem. I can't watch any Movies or listen any Music by streaming my Desktop to the Apple TV Box (via AirPlay-Monitor) anymore since latest updates (Mac book and Apple TV Box). I also updated my fritbox 3390 but is not working

Streaming my Desktop to Apple TV Box was working very good before.

Does anyone know what this problem is?

Thank you in advance

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Late 2013), OS X Yosemite (10.10.1)

Posted on Jan 11, 2015 6:46 AM

2 replies

Jan 12, 2015 1:04 PM in response to mirkofromzurich

Hello mirko,

If you are still experiencing streaming issues to your Apple TV from your MacBook, I would use these troubleshooting steps from the following article:

iTunes: Troubleshooting AirPlay and AirPlay Mirroring

Wi-Fi Connection

If you are experiencing intermittent playback or significant network lag with AirPlay, it could be due to a weak Wi-Fi connection, interference, or the distance between the Wi-Fi router and your AirPlay-enabled device.

• Ensure that other devices aren't trying to stream to the same Apple TV at the same time.
  • Ensure that your Wi-Fi router is set up with the recommended settings for the best performance.
  • Certain external devices, such as microwave ovens and baby monitors, may interfere with a Wi-Fi network. Try moving or disabling these devices.
  • If your wireless and wired networks are the same, try connecting your Apple TV to the router via Ethernet instead of Wi-Fi.
  • Use the Wi-Fi network troubleshooting guide to resolve interference and other issues.

Ethernet Connection

Temporarily disable firewalls (both network and local) and security software. Security software and firewalls may block ports that AirPlay uses to stream content. You can often resolve issues with security software by updating, correctly configuring, or uninstalling security software.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Cheers,

Sterling

streaming desktop mac to apple tv via Airplay-Monitor is currently very bad connection since last updates

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.