Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

so I decided to erase my hard drive on my MacBook air. so I went to recovery mode and wiped out my hard drive. once I did that I went to reinstall os x mavericks. when the download finished it restarted and it took me back to the os x utilities. help

Can't reinstall os x mavericks. Computer goes on an endless loop. Please help!

MacBook Air, OS X Mavericks (10.9.5), null

Posted on Jan 11, 2015 9:06 AM

1 reply

Jan 12, 2015 2:51 PM in response to That Supra

Hello That Supra,

After reviewing your post, I have located an article that can help with boot issues. Have you attempted to set your startup disk? That may be why the computer isn't booting properly:

How to choose a startup disk on your Mac - Apple Support

Temporarily change your startup disk with Startup Manager

Startup Manager allows you to pick a volume to start from while the computer is starting up.

User uploaded file

Use these steps to choose a startup disk with Startup Manager:

1. Turn on or restart your Mac.
  2. Immediately press and hold the Option key. After a few seconds, the Startup Manager appears. If you don't see the volume you want to use, wait a few moments for Startup Manager to finish scanning connected drives.
  3. Use your mouse or trackpad, or left and right arrow keys to select the volume you want to use.
  4. Double-click or press the Return key to start up your Mac from the volume you selected.

If you have an optical drive connected to your computer, you can insert an installation disc to see it in Startup Manager. You can also attach FireWire or USB external hard drives that contain an operating system to add to the list of startup volumes. Startup Manager automatically adds bootable volumes as you connect them.

Thank you for contributing to Apple Support Communities.

Cheers,

BobbyD

so I decided to erase my hard drive on my MacBook air. so I went to recovery mode and wiped out my hard drive. once I did that I went to reinstall os x mavericks. when the download finished it restarted and it took me back to the os x utilities. help

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.