Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

UNRESPONSIVE TRACKPAD & KEYBOARD - MacBook Pro Retina 13" Mid 2014

NEW MacBook Pro Retina's TRACKPAD UNRESPONSIVE after ONE DAY OF USE !!!!

Specs: MacBook pro retina 13", Mid 2014 / 2,6 GHZ Intel Core i5 / 8 Go 1600 MHz DDR3/ Intel Iris 1536 Mo

After opening my MacBook and setting it up, I used it for less than 24 hours, and everything was working perfectly.

The day after i first used it, my trackpad suddenly stopped working. I first believed it was a simple bug so i closed my laptop and opened it after few minutes. Then at my big surprise, the KEYBOARD didn't answer too.

Having no other option, I turned it off by maintaining the Power button. When I turned it on the same problem persisted except the Keyboard that now works, but sometimes it stops answering and i have to restart my machine to make the keyboard (but not the trackpad) work.

I CAN'T BELIEVE FACING THIS KIND OF PROBLEMS WHILE SPENDING 1300 $ FOR A COMPUTER !!!!!

Please HELP !!!

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10.1), NEW PRODUCT

Posted on Jan 11, 2015 9:52 AM

6 replies

Jan 13, 2015 6:16 AM in response to HBZ92

EDIT: I "fixed" mine. I unplugged all devices and power and closed the lid for a minute to let the computer go back to sleep. When I opened it I had a responsive keyboard etc. I then immediately restarted it and plugged in all of the devices/power again. I hope this works for others.

I have this issue, too, on a brand new $2500 Macbook Pro!!! Both keyboard and trackpad are unresponsive: I can't even restart the computer!

Holding down power button doesn't shut off computer.

I can't restart or shut down from the login screen because it asks me to type a password to do so.

I obviously can't login without the keyboard....

This is bad.

Sep 23, 2015 11:05 AM in response to kvoth

I had it also couple times now, mid 2015 macbook pro. My luck is that my mighty mouse is still working so i can restart the mac. Im trying all things i read now, repairing permissions etc etc.

But after quick google this issue has been for YEARS!!!! ****, a piece of hardy of couple 1000 dollars and still they havent fixed it... awkward

Apr 6, 2016 4:44 AM in response to schro3f

After a few months of having this Filevault Issues: Keyboard Quits Working problem every few weeks my macbook pro 13 early 2015 keyboard and trackpad have become unresponsive.

Nothing of the above helped and I have even let the laptop run completely dry.

I'm now relying on external keyboard and mouse / trackpad which is not ideal for a laptop.

Is returning it my only option or does someone have other ideas?

UNRESPONSIVE TRACKPAD & KEYBOARD - MacBook Pro Retina 13" Mid 2014

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.