Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AirDrop Not Working

Hello guys,

I would like to use AirDrop but when I open the ControlCentre it won't show the AirDrop button. Why? Also if I want to share a photo, there is no AirDrop button.

I have a iPhone 4S, is it too old to use AirDrop? And also my Macbook Pro Mid 2012 won't show the AirDrop button.

Does anyone know why?

Vincent

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.1)

Posted on Jan 11, 2015 9:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 11, 2015 10:51 AM

The 4S is too old for AirDop. You need a 5 or later: Use AirDrop to wirelessly share content - Apple Support

Do you have other Apple devices? You MacBook Pro is new enough to share with other Macs as well as iOS devices - see here: http://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203106

AirDrop will only show up if there is another device nearby that supports it.

~Lyssa

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 11, 2015 10:51 AM in response to Vincentjuhhh

The 4S is too old for AirDop. You need a 5 or later: Use AirDrop to wirelessly share content - Apple Support

Do you have other Apple devices? You MacBook Pro is new enough to share with other Macs as well as iOS devices - see here: http://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203106

AirDrop will only show up if there is another device nearby that supports it.

~Lyssa

Oct 13, 2015 2:39 AM in response to Vincentjuhhh

Configuration: iPhone 6s, iOS 9.0.1, MBP '15 Retina of late 2014, MacOS 10.10.5

AirDrop on the iPhone is enabled, AiDrop on MBP working, but I can't share files (i.e. Photos) between Mac and iPhone. Firewall options: "all incoming ..." is NOT checked. wLAN and Bluetooth are both enabled.

I simply can't use AirDrop: the iPhone does not appear in AirDrop of the MBP, neither does the MBP show on the iPhone. I've read all the tips and hints in this and other threads, but none of them works for me. It can't be the hardware nor the software - it must be me: I'm simply too silly to make it work. I'm working with Macs since 1990, but I've never experienced anything like this: Apple delivers features that simply don't work, but make people feel bad and silly. If I used software from Microsoft I'd naturally expect something like this.

Jan 8, 2016 11:57 PM in response to Friedrich Gocht

Hi Friedrich Gocht and dear Community

I do have the exact same problem : no exchange possible between my iPhone 5 and my MBA date 2013 (with OS X.10.10.5).

I have spent a lot of time reading the tips, but have no clue why these Apple elements don't show in Airdrop (activated and enabled on both devices).

If anyone has a clue, thanks in advance !

and HNY2K16

AirDrop Not Working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.