Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

file sharing and firewall

Your file sharing settings may be overridden by your network router's firewall, the firewalls on other computers, or the firewall in Mac OS X v10.5 or later. Please see this article for details. Refer to your vendor's documentation about firewalls for third-party computers or routers.

“THIS” in article does not take me to the information needed. At this time I cannot transmit images from my cell phone Samsung Galaxy5 to my MacBook. I get these two messages.

User uploaded fileUser uploaded fileUser uploaded file.

MacBook Pro, iOS 7.0.5, Samsung Galaxy5

Posted on Jan 11, 2015 9:59 AM

2 replies

Jan 11, 2015 12:55 PM in response to sparrow52

You may want to try...

"Dukto is a simple application that allows you to share files between devices connected to the same (wireless) LAN network."

http://www.msec.it/blog/?page_id=11

Scroll down for android.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Does Mac OS X support Samsung file transfer? Mac might be getting part of the way with file transfer then failing. What does Samsung say about Mac OS X support?

And where did this come from? Provide link.

"Your file sharing settings may be overridden by your network router's firewall, ... "

file sharing and firewall

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.