Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't load a picture book under keepsake in iPhoto 09

My wife has spent weeks creating a picture book in iphoto 09. Now when she opens iPhoto and selects the picture book under keepsake it spends hours attempting to load the picture book.

We have rebuilt the library using the 'alt /command' option. It does not seem to help. Any suggestions??

We have Mac OS X Lion 10.7.5.

Kevin

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Jan 11, 2015 12:36 PM

3 replies

Jan 11, 2015 12:42 PM in response to kevinwh

Is your Mac running out of disk space? If you have only a few GB left of free space, try to free some space and try again.

As a test - create a new photo book in the same iPhoto library. If that succeeds, the book has probably become corrupted by the last edits.

Then I'd restore the iphoto library from the last backup, before the problem first occurred.

Jan 11, 2015 12:56 PM in response to léonie

Leonie,

Thank you for your prompt responce. I was able to make another test photo album. So I guess this means I do not have a space issue.

Would you reccomend that I back up the iphoto library from Time Machine.? It is presently about 2.2 GB we have about 8000 items. Does this sound like it might be too much?

Thanks in advance.

Kevin

Jan 11, 2015 1:07 PM in response to kevinwh

So you are able to create new books? Then there is nothing essentially wrong with iPhoto.

Have you tried all four repair/rebuild options? Then there are no known fixes to repair a corrupted book.

Would you reccomend that I back up the iphoto library from Time Machine.?

Go back in time in Time Machine to a time, when the book worked well and restore the library.

Restore the complete iPhoto Library as described in the support document below:

See: iPhoto '11: Restoring from Time Machine with iPhoto '11 (9.2 or later) and OS X Lion 10.7.2 (or later)

Can't load a picture book under keepsake in iPhoto 09

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.