Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPod touch 4th gen's screen is going wacko

Well i have a ipod touch and the screen is not working properley😟, and its like i press the settings and it takes me to game center, or it will glitch up

iPod touch, iOS 6.1.6

Posted on Jan 11, 2015 4:20 PM

3 replies

Jan 11, 2015 8:19 PM in response to histevejobsapplerocks

Please tell me that it has NEVER been jailbroke. If it has not been jailbroke, here are some standard repair procedures:

First, try a system reset. It cures many ills and it's quick, easy and harmless...

Hold down the on/off switch and the Home button simultaneously until you see the Apple logo. Ignore the "Slide to power off" text if it appears. You will not lose any apps, data, music, movies, settings, etc.

If the Reset doesn't work, try a Restore. Note that it's nowhere near as quick as a Reset. It could take well over an hour! Connect via cable to the computer that you use for sync. From iTunes, select the iPad/iPod and then select the Summary tab. Follow the on-screen directions for Restore and be sure to say "yes" to the backup. You will be warned that all data (apps, music, movies, etc.) will be erased but, as the Restore finishes, you will be asked if you wish the contents of the backup to be copied to the iPad/iPod. Again, say "yes."

At the end of the basic Restore, you will be asked if you wish to sync the iPad/iPod. As before, say "yes." Note that that sync selection will disappear and the Restore will end if you do not respond within a reasonable time. If that happens, only the apps that are part of the IOS will appear on your device. Corrective action is simple - choose manual "Sync" from the bottom right of iTunes.

If you're unable to do the Restore (or it doesn't help), go into Recovery Mode per the instructions here. You WILL lose all of your data (game scores, etc,) but, for the most part, you can redownload apps and music without being charged again. Also, read this.

My iPod touch 4th gen's screen is going wacko

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.