Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I seem to have multiple back-ups of my iPhones in iTunes. How can I see these and delta the unwanted ones

I have multiple back-ups of my iPhones in iTunes. How can I see and delete unwanted ones?

Posted on Jan 11, 2015 11:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 13, 2015 8:55 AM

Hi, nomorequestionsplease.

Thank you for visiting Apple Support Communities.

Here are the steps on how to view your iOS backups in iTunes and delete unwanted ones.

Delete a backup

If you want to delete a backup created by iTunes:

1. Open iTunes Preferences:
  2. Click Devices. (The iOS device doesn't need to be connected.)
  3. iTunes will show the phone number, International Mobile Equipment Identity (IMEI) number, and serial number of the backed up iPhone when you position your mouse pointer over a backup. (Only the serial number will be shown for iPad and iPod touch). You can use this to find the backup you want to delete.
  4. Select the backup you want to remove.
  5. Click Delete Backup.
    User uploaded file
  6. When prompted, confirm that you want to remove the selected backup by clicking Delete Backup.
  7. Click OK to close the iTunes Preferences Window.

Backups that have a date and time stamp in the backup name are copies of backups created by restoring the iOS device. The date and time in the left column are when the restore-from-backup occurred. The date and time in the right column are the last synced date; this shows how current the data is.

Create and delete iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch backups in iTunes

http://support.apple.com/en-us/HT4946

Cheers,

Jason H.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 13, 2015 8:55 AM in response to nomorequestionsplease

Hi, nomorequestionsplease.

Thank you for visiting Apple Support Communities.

Here are the steps on how to view your iOS backups in iTunes and delete unwanted ones.

Delete a backup

If you want to delete a backup created by iTunes:

1. Open iTunes Preferences:
  2. Click Devices. (The iOS device doesn't need to be connected.)
  3. iTunes will show the phone number, International Mobile Equipment Identity (IMEI) number, and serial number of the backed up iPhone when you position your mouse pointer over a backup. (Only the serial number will be shown for iPad and iPod touch). You can use this to find the backup you want to delete.
  4. Select the backup you want to remove.
  5. Click Delete Backup.
    User uploaded file
  6. When prompted, confirm that you want to remove the selected backup by clicking Delete Backup.
  7. Click OK to close the iTunes Preferences Window.

Backups that have a date and time stamp in the backup name are copies of backups created by restoring the iOS device. The date and time in the left column are when the restore-from-backup occurred. The date and time in the right column are the last synced date; this shows how current the data is.

Create and delete iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch backups in iTunes

http://support.apple.com/en-us/HT4946

Cheers,

Jason H.

I seem to have multiple back-ups of my iPhones in iTunes. How can I see these and delta the unwanted ones

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.