Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Only one person can't receive messages I send with my Macbook Pro

For a while, I've been able to send messages to a friend of mine (who is using an iPhone) with the Messages app on my Macbook Pro, but all of a sudden she couldn't receive any messages I sent her, although I could receive messages she sent to me. We can both send and receive messages to other people we message, but for some reason she can't see what I send. Note that the Messages app says the messages have been delivered, but for some reason she isn't actually getting them. Why is this? and how can we fix the problem? Thanks.

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.1)

Posted on Jan 12, 2015 12:01 AM

1 reply

Jan 13, 2015 9:17 AM in response to wikiwikisu

Hello wikiwikisu,

Thanks for visiting Apple Support Communities.

If your friend is not receiving iMessages you send from your MacBook Pro, there are several troubleshooting steps that may help. You can find a good troubleshooting guide at this link:

iOS: Troubleshooting Messages - Apple Support

Since your friend cannot receive iMessages from you, but receives them from other contacts, I'd suggest they try these steps on their iPhone first:

• If the issue occurs with a specific contact or contacts, back up or forward important messages and delete your current messaging threads with the contact. Create a new message to the contact and try again.
  • If the issue occurs with a specific contact or contacts, delete and recreate the contact in the Contacts app. Create a new message to the newly created contact and try again.
  • Back up and restore your device as new.

All the best,

Jeremy

Only one person can't receive messages I send with my Macbook Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.