Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do i get rid of smart search engine?

Every time I search for something on the internet it redirects me to smart search. How do i get rid of it?! It's really annoying.

MacBook Pro (13-inch Mid 2012)

Posted on Jan 11, 2015 10:38 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 12, 2015 11:26 AM

You may have installed a variant of the "VSearch" ad-injection malware.

Triple-click the line below on this page to select it, then copy the text to the Clipboard by pressing the key combination command-C:

/Library/LaunchDaemons

In the Finder, select

Go Go to Folder...

from the menu bar and paste into the box that opens by pressing command-V. You won't see what you pasted because a line break is included. Press return.

A folder named "LaunchDaemons" may open. Look inside it for a file with a name of the form

com.something.daemon.plist

Here something is a variable word, which can be different in each case. It could be "cloud," "dot," "highway," "submarine," "trusteddownloads," or pretty much anything else.

There may also be a file named

com.something.helper.plist

in the same folder.

If you find files with names that fit the above description, post what you have for "something."

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 12, 2015 11:26 AM in response to camila.rodriguez

You may have installed a variant of the "VSearch" ad-injection malware.

Triple-click the line below on this page to select it, then copy the text to the Clipboard by pressing the key combination command-C:

/Library/LaunchDaemons

In the Finder, select

Go Go to Folder...

from the menu bar and paste into the box that opens by pressing command-V. You won't see what you pasted because a line break is included. Press return.

A folder named "LaunchDaemons" may open. Look inside it for a file with a name of the form

com.something.daemon.plist

Here something is a variable word, which can be different in each case. It could be "cloud," "dot," "highway," "submarine," "trusteddownloads," or pretty much anything else.

There may also be a file named

com.something.helper.plist

in the same folder.

If you find files with names that fit the above description, post what you have for "something."

How do i get rid of smart search engine?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.