Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Connecting Macbook Pro to Panasonic smart TV

How do I connect (wirelessly) my Panasonic smart TV and my (mid 2009) Macbook Pro (Yosemite OS).

The TV connects to the wifi so I can get catch-up, iPlayer, Netflix, etc, but it can’t find the Mac (which is connected to the same network).

In particular I want to access my iPhoto and iTunes libraries (not just Photostream, but the entire library).

I know I need more hardware but I’m not sure what… is Apple TV all I need? In its spec. it mentions music streaming and Photostream pictures, but I would like to access the entire iTunes and (particularly) iPhoto libraries.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Mac Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.4)

Posted on Jan 12, 2015 12:50 AM

4 replies

Jan 12, 2015 8:10 AM in response to RobHew

Apple TV is a setup box it does not matter how "smart" the tv is

Apple TV will let you mirror newer MacBooks to the screen but not yours it's so old the video card can't cope

you can use the program called airparrot it is suppose to support it but when the video card is too old it can cause issues in terms of performance and it could give a somewhat impaired experience

Connecting Macbook Pro to Panasonic smart TV

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.