Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMovie 10.0.6 no longer saves to NTFS Volumes

Hi all,

I hope someone can help me with this as the apple support people where completely useless!

I am a network administrator in a school where we have iMacs integrated into a windows environment, pupils log in with their AD credentials and then there windows NTFS home folder is used as their home folder on the iMac (btw i have had millions of problems getting this environment to work properly)

This used to work fine with iMovie 10.0.5 but now with 10.0.6, when the pupil loads iMovie they get the prompted to create a new library and when they try to save in Movies (which is on the NTFS share, apple creates these folders there when the pupil logs in) iMovie now gives the message

"unable to save in this location, volume is of wrong type" or something to that description, so now i have to keep all iMacs at 10.0.5 but eventually i do want to update all these. I have even tried installing paragon NTFS to allow the test iMac to save to NTFS volumes but this still does not work. Apple support gave stupid answers like, 'turn off the mac, unplug the power cable and hold the power button for 60 seconds"

Basically i want to know is this some incredibly stupid programming decision or oversight by the people in charge of developing iMovie, seems like a fundamental flaw to me. Works perfectly in 10.0.5

Thanks

Posted on Jan 12, 2015 9:02 AM

1 reply

iMovie 10.0.6 no longer saves to NTFS Volumes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.