Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac OSX 10.6.8 has Mobil Me. How do I get ICloud?

My Mac OSX which is running v. 10.6.8 has Mobil Me, but not ICloud. How do I get ICloud?

iMac (21.5-inch Mid 2011), Mac OS X (10.6.8), Has Mobil Me and not ICloud

Posted on Jan 12, 2015 1:53 PM

2 replies

Jan 12, 2015 1:54 PM in response to jcoxgentry

You need to upgrade the computer’s OS to get it. Open the Mac App Store and download Yosemite; if you don’t want to upgrade to it for some reason, click here and order a download code for Lion 10.7, or buy a code for Mountain Lion from the online Apple Store.

Back up your data and check your applications for compatibility before upgrading. In particular, Mac OS X 10.7 and newer don't support PowerPC programs such as versions of Microsoft Office prior to 2008.

(120091)

Jan 12, 2015 4:46 PM in response to jcoxgentry

You can share Mail, Calendars, and Contacts running Snow Leopard. Based on my experience, I don’t recommend syncing Contacts - created a lot of problems with duplicates. If you have 2 step verification enabled on your Apple ID, you will need to generate an application specific password for Mail, iCal, and Address Book. Apple ID - Manage

Mac OSX 10.6.8 has Mobil Me. How do I get ICloud?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.